Thursday, March 24th – Sunday, March 27th, 2011
Stuart Street Playhouse and Somerville Theater
Last year’s Festival featured the very best of contemporary Irish Cinema. In the region of 30 features, shorts and
documentaries screened over four days. These productions would otherwise be unavailable to US audiences.
The event also honored filmmakers in many categories. Below is a list of the films that screened last year.
- PARKED (Aer Lingus Best Feature)
- THE RUNWAY (Director’s Choice Feature)
- MY BROTHERS
- NICE GUY JOHNNY
- CUP CAKE
- THE BOYS OF ST. COLUMB’S
- THE PIPE (Metro Best Documentary)
- TILL THE TENTH GENERATION
- BLAZING THE TRAIL: THE O’KALEMS IN IRELAND
- Plus a lineup of new Irish short documentaries!
- DEEP END DANCE (Stella Artois Best Short)
- NOREEN (Director’s Choice Short)
- UP THERE
- THE CRUSH (2011 Oscar Nominee)
- Plus a lineup of new Irish shorts, Program I and Program II
- A collection of new Irish short animations (suitable for children)
Last year, the Festival featured the premier of Blazing the Trail: The O’Kalems in Ireland. This documentary was produced by BIFF Productions in conjunction with the Irish Film Archive. Blazing the Trail tells the story of the O’Kalems, an American film crew who traveled to Ireland each year between 1910 and 1914 to shoot more than two dozen films. More>
The event was a huge success thanks to our wonderful community of filmmakers, sponsors, volunteers, attendees and others! See you at one of our upcoming screenings!